Ceramic beads are made from Zirconium Oxide.
The ceramic beads are produced from an extremely tough zirconium oxide ceramic. This product is free of iron and is therefore suitable for the treatment of stainless steel and aluminium. The rounded shape of the ceramic microspheres enables gentle cleaning and the creation of surfaces with a perfect optical finish. This blasting abrasive has a very high durability compared to glass beads. Ceramic beads are a high-tech blasting abrasive for the highest demands.
Through a melting process they are obtained in the form of spherical beads which are sorted according to their size.
Hardness: 7-7,5 mohs
Grain shape: round
Melting point: approx. 2100 °C
Specific gravity: approx. 3.8 g/cm3
Bulk density: approx. 2.0 – 2.3 g/cm³
(depending on grain size)
Medium chemical analysis
ZrO2: 60,00-70,00 %.
SiO2: 28,00-33,00 %.
Other: <10,00 %.
– Pressure blasting systems
– Injection blasting systems
– Removal of moulding residues from castings
– Elimination of discolorations
– Surface finishing
– Obtaining optical effects
– Obtaining a continuous surface roughness in the whole blasting component.
– Selective surface compaction
(fixation of surfaces/improvement of mechanical properties)
– Shot blasting to create shapes or straighten workpieces
Sectors of application:
– Civil works
– Chemical industry