The products that ABShot sells, or those who require it, are REACH compliant.
We also have for all of them (corundum, abrasive, glass micro sphere, polyester, ceramics, porcelains…) technical and safety data sheets at the disposal of all our customers.
What is the REACH regulation?
In the European Economic Area (European Union, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), the manufacture or import of a certain chemical substance in quantities equal to or greater than one ton per year must be registered in the REACH database. REACH is the Regulation on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals.
REACH applies to all chemicals: both those involved in industrial processes and those present in everyday objects such as cleaning products and paints, clothing, furniture, household appliances, etc. It therefore affects most of the companies in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unregistered substances may not be placed on the market or used.
The REACH Regulation applies to:
– manufacturers of chemical substances and products intended for sale or for use by other companies
– importers of chemical substances and mixtures or of products such as clothing, furniture or plastic articles from outside the EU
– distributors storing and placing on the market chemical substances or mixtures
– downstream users who use chemical substances or mixtures in the context of a business or professional activity.
Compliance with the Regulation requires the identification and management of risks related to substances that are manufactured or placed on the market in the EU and EEA.
How does REACH work?
REACH introduces new marketing rules affecting isolated substances, mixtures and substances used in products. This regulation ensures that industry takes responsibility for:
– managing the health and environmental risks that these substances and mixtures may pose
– convey adequate security information to the users in the supply chain.
It also allows the European Union to take additional measures where complementary action at EU level is required. The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), based in Helsinki, Finland, helps to coordinate and implement all necessary measures:
ABShot Tecnics, S.L.'s commitment to its customers means that we strictly observe any EU regulation that implies guaranteeing the quality of service and the safety of our products.